Singer Tiny Tailor

Singer Tiny Tailor

Postby rwcrue » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:07 pm

I`m new at using a sewing machine so don`t laugh too much. I`m trying to thread my Tiny tailor. I`ve read the instruction manual on this website. It tells you how to thread a bobbin, how to load a bobbin, and tells you to pull the thread from the bobbin and lay it across the machine. Then it told me how to thread the needle. The part I can`t comprehend is when it tells me to lower the needle to it`s lowest point, bring it back up to the highest point and pull the needle thread until a loop of the bobbin thread comes up from under the foot. My bobbin thread is still laying across the machine. How do you get the bobbin thread underneath the foot where it can come up. Am I not reading the manual right? :?
rwcrue

Postby lamx » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:30 am

If your machine is working correctly and you have it threaded properly, you should be able to hold the needle thread in your left hand and rotate the balance wheel (hand wheel) in the same direction it turns when sewing.

The needle will go down and the eye will disappear through the needle hole.

When the needle comes back up, it should be looped around the bobbin thread.

You can then pull the needle thread and the bobbin thread should come up through the needle hole and you are ready to sew.

Ed
lamx

Postby rwcrue » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 pm

I know it`s not threaded right, I was following the manual for the tiny tailor on this website. It says to place the bobbin in the bobbin case, pull the thread towards the back of the machine so it will hook into guide A, then pull the thread towards you so it will hook into guide B, and lay the thread across the front of the machine. The next page tells you how to thread the needle and I noticed in the picture they show , the bobbin thread is no longer laying across the machine. Where did it go? How do you get the thread underneath the foot so the needle can pull it up? If you`ll read the manual maybe you can figure out what I`m doing wrong. :?
rwcrue

Postby rwcrue » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Sorry, I thought the manual was on this website. It`s at http://sewingonline.co.uk/instructions/ ... inytailor/.
rwcrue

Re: Singer Tiny Tailor

Postby katelyn95 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:30 am

im having the same problem, i have read the manual at least a million times and it tells you to just lay the thread across the left side of the machine, so i do. the the next page the thread is somewere else and it doesnt tell me were or how to get it there, please if u have figured this out, i need help :(
katelyn95

Postby lamx » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:13 am

Rather than just laying the thread across the machine, hold that thread in your left hand and rotate the wheel with your right. After the needle makes a complete cycle and returns to the top, pull the needle thread and the bobbin thread should come up through the needle hole where you can grab it and pull it up enough to begin sewing.

Ed
lamx

Postby Noble29 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am

This machine "feels" cheap when you get it. It is easy enough to set up and use, but it cannot handle simple projects. It jams frequently. The bobbin has caused repeated problems for me, perhaps because the machine does not wind the bobbin very tightly...
Noble29

Postby lamx » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:51 pm

You are right, the Tiny Tailor is closer to being a toy than a serious sewing machine. One would be much better served by paying the same amount for a used machine in good condition. Unfortunately, this machine is marketed to beginning sewers who are not sure they will enjoy sewing and don't want to spend the amount of money a higher quality machine would cost and don't know that in new sewing machines, you get what you pay for. Their experience is the same as other Tiny Tailor owners in this thread and they are likely turned off from sewing for a lifetime. In this instance, low price does not equate to good value.

Ed
lamx

Postby Cyndy Kitt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 pm

What needle are you using? I have been told the Tiny Tailor uses the longer 127x1 needle, that same as the Wheeler and Wilson and the Singer 9W (Singer bought out W&W but continued to make and support their models for a while).

Edit to add: I am talking about vintage versions of a Singer Tiny Tailor, I just remembered that there is also a more modern "toy" named the Tiny Tailor, i have no idea about the needle it takes.
I sew therefore I am, Cyndy Kitt
Cyndy Kitt Productions
Cyndy Kitt

Return to Singer