FAST Lower Threading System????

Need help? looking for advise? Any Sewing machine related problems, Lost manuals, Pattern advise ask here.

FAST Lower Threading System????

Postby jeafra10 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:32 pm

What is the difference between FAST Lower Threading System and automatic threading system? I am looking to buy the Brothers 1034D Serger since I have read too many things about the Singer that is turning me off with this product. I have never owned a Serger before so I am really looking around with all the stories I can read before I make this final. Any help and sugguestions.
jeafra10

Postby a_m_y_a » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:02 pm

I have the Brother 1034D and I love it. I use it mostly for finishing clothing seams and such...nothing too heavy. I can't compare the threading to other machines as this was my first...I remember my mom always struggling with the threading and tension on her serger to the point that she refused to ever change the thread. As a beginner, I have had absolutely no trouble with the threading, it is as easy as following the little colored arrows and it's done. I swtich my thread from black to white constantly and don't mind it a bit!

I bought my serger after reading plenty of positive reviews everywhere and plenty of poor reviews on the comparable Singer. I also found the cheapest place to buy it was walmart online...and since I knew they will take back anything, I figured there was little risk and it was worth a try!
a_m_y_a

Postby Kate XXXXXX » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:11 pm

The FAST system, like the Brother 1034D (I also have one!) is where parts of the looper threading path are simplified by having a lever to slide to assist, rather than having to use tweezers and needing triple jointed fingers and eyeballs that see round corners! :D

Automatic systems are like the babylock air jet threading, where you poke the thread into the air jet and it caries it through the path automagically. Not sure how it works, but it's certainly magic! AND expensive... And since I don't find threading most sergers difficult, I've never seen the point of wasting the readies on such a thing. :lol: :lol:

The 1034D is very easy to thread. Follow the diagrams and it takes about a minute to do all 4 threads from scratch. You can also tie-on and pull through for a quick change... Use reef knots, zero the tension, and clear the needle threads from the lower looper, and just pull through. On anything bigger than a size 70 needle, I can usually get the knots through the eyes of the needles as well! 8)
Kate Dicey
http//:www.jollydicey.co.uk
Costumiers to the Discerning
Kate XXXXXX

Return to Sewing